Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

OK, so the past couple of days haven't been so great. A few setbacks, LOTS of frustrations, but finally I think we are back on track. Hubby is plugging along with the new floor. He can't get much done after work evenings because it gets dark so early and there is no good light in the living room.
I have almost wrapped up the trim painting. One more coat is needed, and that will be that.
In the midst of our frustrations, aches and pains.....there have been some bright spots. One of the brightest is our neighbor across the street. On Sunday she came to the door with her lovely daughter who had been baking cookies. They had a plate to share. Husband was pretty delighted while I could only drool because I am on some diet from hell.
While at the Love Shack this afternoon painting (what else?) I heard the door bell. Same neighbor with a plate of warm cinnamon apple bread. I almost kissed her but didn't want to scare her off. Oh, and I ate a doggone piece of bread. It was so worth it.
Here is a shot of one more bright spot. These views from our balcony really keep us going. Hubby can't wait to enjoy one with a cigar, a glass of wine, and of course me. Soon.......

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful view, Holly. It's so neat you can share like this, it makes us all be able to feel closer to you. I'm sorry for the frustrations, but you're moving forward with the Lord and advil! I know I probably shouldn't tell you this....I hesitate.......but, well, (we're getting older), shhhhh don't say it out loud.lol Saw your old side kick (Debi) last night when we went to see Wayne. What a great message, he's so funny too. And I found out there are Three Laurie, Lori Smuckers! I had no idea. It must be a God thing, it's so weird. Anyway, glad you have all that good karma and baking around you. Keep us posted on the baked goods! ha ha

    ReplyDelete