Monday, January 10, 2011

Distracted

We started the day with good intentions, determined to get the bedrooms painted. Arrived at the Love Shack early, with McBreakfast in our bellies. Husband set up our bedroom to paint while I began washing out kitchen cabinets which I soon learned was really not needed as my white rag was remaining just as white as when I started. Thank you, Gloria, for your high housekeeping standards. I hope I can live up to them.
We began painting. I was cutting in around the floor and door, Craig doing roller work. Then some interesting fellas came to pick up the carpet and pad. (Thank you, craigslist.) They took it all, even took it downstairs so that Hubby didn't have to lift a finger. Still he somehow managed to tweak his back, carrying paint.
Meanwhile, my daughter-in-law called and my amazing grandson was "talking" to me. My heart was melting. Soon afterward, Hubby said "My back is kinda hurting. Maybe we should drive up to get all the tools out of storage that I will need to do the floor" which also meant I would get to snuggle with my brilliant grandson so we put our brushes in water and headed out. Some distractions are worth it.
The nice neighbors across the street came over to meet us as we were leaving.
Back to the Love Shack by 9:30. Hubby unloaded the tools from the car. I ran upstairs to check out the partially painted bedroom. Looks great. Neighbor on other side came over to meet us. Craig, meet Craig. Maybe we can remember his name. Home by 10:00. Duck game Monday, taking the night off. Thought I would show you a picture of our back bedrooms. Go Ducks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment